Monday, May 01, 2006

Every Patient became my Teacher

Dr. Tim Ong

Wake up from your daily trance-like existence and regain your divine rights to Love, Power and Abundance! The world is changing, and there is a great shift of consciousness everywhere! It is an exciting time for those who are aware and are able to take advantage of the increasing power within.

If you have told me back in 2004 that I was living a life of fear, I would have stared at you in disbelief!

My life was probably at its best at that point in time. I have a wonderful family and my career as a doctor has just reached its peak. There was no major debts to worry about and I was building a strong reputation as a caring and compassionate doctor in the community I was serving.

So it came as a big surprise to me when in the midst of all these successes, I was suddenly drawn into spirituality. To be fair, it was not really a sudden shift. I have always known that I was inclined towards spirituality. That was why even as a doctor, I was more interested in understanding the unseen world of emotions, mind and spirit and how they influence our physical body and surroundings than just treating the physical ailments most of my patients came to see me with.

However, I was always in a dilemma. On the one hand, I was scientifically trained to practice evidence-based medicine. On the other hand, I was drawn to the invisible and unmeasurable beliefs and concepts of spirituality.

However, as I continue my practice, I began to see more and more patients whose physical ailments I believe stemmed from unresolved emotional and mental conflicts. As they said in medicine, "If you don't look for it, you won't see it." So I began to open my eyes and more importantly my mind, and what I saw provided me with new insights into the mechanism of illnesses, and the role our emotions and mind play in our overall health, which includes spiritual health.

From then on, every patient became my teacher. From each of them, I learned not only lessons that I could use to help them but also relevant for my own spiritual growth. The knowledge and insights are so powerful and transformational that I began to see dramatic results happening before my own eyes. People's lives changed merely by being made aware of their thoughts, beliefs and emotions. At times, even physical illnesses can disappear - just like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home